Impicit text editing in shape object

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

devangi

Impicit text editing in shape object

Unread post by devangi »

Hi,
I am editing a text in impicit tool.This text is placed inside a rectangle shape object.The problem i am facing is after editing the text the formatting goes away.I wanted to know whether impicit tool removes the shadow,transparency while editing text?

Thanks!!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Devangi,

Formatting, shadows, transparency etc. are not deleted when you edit text in an Impict text object. However, some things are only possible with genuine TrueType fonts -- for example, text rotation is not possible with non-TrueType fonts.

PS: The program is called Impict, not "impicit". 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
devangi

Impict text editing in shape object

Unread post by devangi »

hi Tim,
Thanks for your reply.I am new to this tool.I am attaching the two text objects images after editing the text it turns out to be different.I compared the properties nothing seems to be changed.So can you please tell me am i missing some property setting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

I can't duplicate this effect -- please provide the exact steps you perform to achieve this result, including the specific tools you are using (it is possible to create text boxes like this in different ways, the best way is with the Callout text bubble tool, in which you can turn off the pointer to make a normal box).
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
devangi

Unread post by devangi »

I have a shape tool rectangle.Inside that i have text object.I want to edit the text of that text object.When i edit it it shows the results as i attached in screenshot.
Upper text object is original the below one shows the text object after text change.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Check whether you have set anti-aliasing in the Object menu for the text object, that is the only difference that I can see here. Since the text object and the shape object are separate it is not possible for any change in the text object to affect the shape object.
Regards,

Private support:
devangi

Unread post by devangi »

I have checked the anti-aliasing property for both the images its showing as None. Is there anything else i need to change so both the text object formatting appears same.
Tim Green
Site Admin

I think I need to see the files you are working on to work out what is really happening here. Please mail them to Support at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll have a look at them. Please save them in Impict's .IPP format, otherwise it won't be possible to see what the problem is.
Regards,

Private support: