T.N.T. or Impict?

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

pete

T.N.T. or Impict?

Unread post by pete »

Hello I am an owner of H&M, and I am starting a bigger documentation project. My question is, are there any reasons to buy TNT in addition to H&M? What are the advantages for a documentation project to use TNT instead of Impict?

Regards,

Pete
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Pete,

Both have advantages. TNT (no dots in the new version name) is a much more powerful screenshot program than the simple integrated screenshot utility, and will allow you to make more "finished" screenshots in a single process. On the other hand, although the new version of TNT also has a good screenshot editor with a lot of functions, Impict has more flexibile editing functions. Particularly, with Impict you can store all the objects you add to an image on separate layers and re-edit them later. This is not possible with TNT's editor.

TNT also has some functions that are not available in Impict - in particular the 3D rendering module to produce 3D screenshots.

In summary, TNT is good for producing classy screenshots quickly that you are not going to edit later, and for producing some effects that are not possible with Impict. Impict is better for images with lots of components that you want to continue editing or updating, and for more complex images where you want to go back and adjust individual components until you get everything right.

I use both of them all the time.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.