TNT Effects

This is the place to enter suggestions and wishes for TNT, EC Software's stand-alone screenshot creation and enhancement program.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

SteveBarnett

TNT Effects

Unread post by SteveBarnett »

There does not appear to be a forum specifically for TNT, so hope you don't mind me posting here.

Firstly, I have to say that TNT version 2 is terrific. I've dumped my CaptureWiz Pro software after the last update made it much more difficult to get a "simple" screen shot. TNT gives me brilliant results very simply.

However, as is always the way, I could do with some more bits and pieces. My specific wish would be for more control over the "Paper Edge" effects. Two things would be real useful:

a) Could this be one of the special effects we can add after the fact. Having to specify it when the shot is taken is Ok, but it means I have difficultly using it for composite images. I'd also like to be able to remove the effect if I don't like the results. I can't do this as it stands without taking the screen shot again.

b) Can we have some control over the depth it cuts in to the image. On some of the shots I have take, the amount of the image that it ripped off takes out some of the detail I want included. This means that I have to go back and take larger screen shots to get the edge in the right place, then I have to shrink the image to make it fit better - this reduces the image clarity.

Great product, wish I'd had it years ago!

Steve
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Steve,

You just missed the creation of the new TNT forums by a couple of minutes... :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Byron S.

TNT Effects

Unread post by Byron S. »

I'd like to second the request for control over paper edge effects. Perhaps an offset control similar to the offset control for drop shadows which would let the user determine how far into the screenshot the effect would be visible. Or perhaps just three radio buttons which corresponded to Small, Medium, and Large offsets.
SteveBarnett

What are the chances of an update to TNT? It seems like years since the last update and I've discovered that Snaggit gives me the control over the paper edge that I originally requested (without any response).

Are there any plans for another release of TNT and is there any indication of what will be in it and when it'll arrive. I hate switching to a new utility when I've grown so attached to TNT, but I equally hate using a tool that is effectively dead from a development point of view.

Thanks
Steve
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hi Steve,

TNT is certainly not dead, it's undergoing changes that will still take a while. We intend to merge Impict (the screenshot editor from H&M) with TNT for a mutual benefit: Impict will have better screen capture options, and TNT will get layers, the IPP image format and more detailed control over the objects. And we will have one product less to support, when both are merged :)
SteveBarnett

Sounds good though, to be fair, even though I've beena long time user of H&M, I've never fired up Impict! Perhaps I'd better dig it out and see what it does.

Thanks
Steve