Background for topic titles in PDF

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Zulfiya Kurbanova

Background for topic titles in PDF

Unread post by Zulfiya Kurbanova »

Hello! I want add a background to the titles of topics, tried to do it as described in the section "Creating a graphical title or header with a shape object" of H&M Print Manual Designer Help. But it does not work. Shape object displayed on all pages and above Heading. What can I do about it?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Background for topic titles in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Zulfiya,

I've split this into a new topic because it is really a new subject.
Zulfiya Kurbanova wrote:Hello! I want add a background to the titles of topics, tried to do it as described in the section "Creating a graphical title or header with a shape object" of H&M Print Manual Designer Help. But it does not work. Shape object displayed on all pages and above Heading. What can I do about it?
You need to do this in the Table of Contents section to format headings in the Table of Contents, and in the Topics section to format headings above each topic. Also, to create a background for a topic title you need to place the shape object in the band for the topic heading level you want to create the background for. You will then need to place the text objects for the topic title on top of the shape object.

Then the shape object will be displayed behind the headings for all topics on the level created by that band. For example, if you put the shape behind the title in the Top Level band, then you will only have a background for the headings of top-level topics.
headingbackground.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Zulfiya Kurbanova

Re: Background for topic titles in PDF

Unread post by Zulfiya Kurbanova »

Thanks for the quick response, Tim! I did as you suggest and everything works now. My mistake was that I placed the shape object not in the band for the topic heading.

Thank you!