Where to add/change templates

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

TimeWriter

Where to add/change templates

Unread post by TimeWriter »

Hello,

I am using a PremiumPack Webhelp template.

I would like to add some extra meta-fields ( <%TOPIC_DESCRIPTION%> ). Where should I add this ?

Is it managed in the skin-file (.hmskin), of so, how to edit, or is it managed in the project ?

Thanks in advance,

Rinse
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Where to add/change templates

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rinse,

The <%TOPIC_DESCRIPTION%> variable is already used automatically in the Premium Pack WebHelp templates. If you need to add more meta fields to the topic page template you can do this in the skin. Open the skin file in Help & Manual and in the Project Explorer go to Configuration > HTML Page Templates > Default. You can find more information about customizing skins in the Premium Pack help chapter added to the main Help & Manual help when you installed the Premium Pack. Most things that you will want to changed can be done without ever needing to edit the source code, as there are configuration variables for a wide range of options.

WARNING: Don't try to switch to the "Simple Template Layout" tab in a skin. If you do this you will replace all the custom code with a standard H&M template, which will make the skin useless. You will be warned if you try to do this, and if you ignore the warning the custom template will be deleted. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.