Focus when selecting a topic in H&M

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nicolas Wicke

Focus when selecting a topic in H&M

Unread post by Nicolas Wicke »

Hello,

When reviewing my H&M documents, I prefer to manually perform a spell check per topic. Spell check on all topics at once usually results in too much hits due to the nature of the text (special terminology, program variables, etc.).
To do so, I select the topic, click inside the topic and then click the main spell check button in the ribbon.
Would it be possible to change the behavior of the main spell check button in such a way that I don't need to click inside the actual topic each time?
In other words, I would like this button to react in the same way as when using the <Ctrl + F7> command after clicking on a topic.

If this would be a realistic request, I'd post it in the wish list section.

Thanks,
Nicolas
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Re: Focus when selecting a topic in H&M

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

I see... that's a little glitch.

The big spell check button performs a spell check of the selected text only. The button in the drop-down menu performs a spell check of the entire (current only) topic, which is by default mapped to Ctrl+F7. If there is no selection, the big spell check button starts at the first word of the editor that has the focus (header/body). If neither has the focus, because the focus is on the TOC, it does nothing.

We'll change this little glitch with the next update. For the time being, you can use Ctrl+F7 or explicitely click the "Current topic" spell check option from the drop down menu.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Nicolas Wicke

Re: Focus when selecting a topic in H&M

Unread post by Nicolas Wicke »

Great! Thanks a bunch :D