Skins to create

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

VictorL

Skins to create

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!
Having a proper skin from H&M template sources I'd like to modify it making like the users want to get finally.
Firstly wishing to understand how and when to change colours skin to open in H&M?
Colours reflecting in H&M in digital format only and they are many more...
Saying to go in HTML settings and see many code blocks and etc. (see picture below)...
Next question buttons to realize some functions as printing as feedback and etc...
How I can add new button with new functional to reflect it on help toolbar after that skin was used for CHM to create?

By the way I found useful GIF in baggage-files and replaced it with GIF from another skin but for my sorry I lost color gradations in CHM topic's headers...
Original skin has gradations in created CHM.
How to make colours with gradations in skin?

Thanks a lot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Skins to create

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Victor,

Answering these questions would really require a course in HTML and CSS editing. When creating a skin manually you are really just editing a normal HTML page. To do the things you are asking you need experience with editing HTML, CSS and JavaScript manually, or you need to find someone who has these skills. An experienced HTML, CSS and JavaScript designer will be able to do these things using the information provided in the More Advanced Procedures > Using HTML Templates chapter of the help. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!
Tim Green wrote:Answering these questions would really require a course in HTML and CSS editing. When creating a skin manually you are really just editing a normal HTML page. To do the things you are asking you need experience with editing HTML, CSS and JavaScript manually, or you need to find someone who has these skills. An experienced HTML, CSS and JavaScript designer will be able to do these things using the information provided in the More Advanced Procedures > Using HTML Templates chapter of the help. :?
OK. Thanks!
I know like it do...
This skin has many variables and they are bonded by other ones etc...
At first look there's very complicated solution to get clear...
Writing it from the begining to the end like time lost because it's one time work to be used every time compilating CHM.
The colours are changed it's OK but why gradations lost :shock:
All online help about HEX-view colours show the colours without gradations only...
I see some of them to gradate with something special in skin-code...
...but with help of it I can gradate them?
Sorry... it's an opinion only... your words to ask for help to the HTML-programmer I didn't remember...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Victor,

Where the gradients are depend on the skin. Most of the standard skins use repeating graphics for for the gradients. The Premium Pack skins have quite a few CSS gradients defined in the CSS files. See this page for an introduction to using CSS gradients:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_gradients.asp
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Thanks!
I see it's for handmade skin only...
The skin I use is from H&M template examples...
although this is with gradients being original...
if edited the color is replaced but the gradients are faded... :?
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Now I'm trying to create a skin under a test item base.
But worry about some replacements...
Long time I lost for searching how to change the titles in navigation pane...
Firstly, need a word Navigation to replace with (see picture)...
How can I do it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

See the help:

Help & Manual Premium Pack > WebHelp Skins > Configuration Variables > Breadcrumb Trail
Regards,

Private support:
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:See the help:

Help & Manual Premium Pack > WebHelp Skins > Configuration Variables > Breadcrumb Trail
Thanks!
...but where I can find a BREAD_LABEL variable to edit?
All skin's settings havn't it...
..and testing project too :?
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

... and BREAD_NOTOPIC too...
Tim Green
Site Admin

...but where I can find a BREAD_LABEL variable to edit?
Project Explorer > Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables. (In the skin file) Note that different skin types may have different variables. Refer to the appropriate sections in the Help & Manual Premium Pack help chapter for details.
Regards,

Private support:
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:Project Explorer > Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables. (In the skin file) Note that different skin types may have different variables. Refer to the appropriate sections in the Help & Manual Premium Pack help chapter for details.
Tim, thanks... but the help information is wrong... :? (no variables at all -> see picture).
I lost much time to search an editing place but really, it's here: Configuration > HTML Page Templates > Default (see picture below).
PS Maybe you've got an old information to need updaing :|
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Victor,
Tim, thanks... but the help information is wrong... :? (no variables at all -> see picture).
No, the information is correct. You are just not using a Premium Pack skin, so you don't see the Premium Pack configuration variables. You are using one of Help & Manual's own standard skins that does not have configuration variables. You need to locate the text in the source code of the templates and edit it there.
Regards,

Private support:
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:You are using one of Help & Manual's own standard skins that does not have configuration variables.
An exit is both to delete that skin from test user project or to add the variables in it :wink: