Import text with some tagging

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bob Roos

Import text with some tagging

Unread post by Bob Roos »

I am using WinDev and each procedure and method and section of the program has a little documentation section. I can get all that into a TXT file but what I would really like is to be able to import that into H&M with some tags that would indicate what is to be bolded and perhaps font size and indexed. I really didn't want to try to generate RTF text from that TXT file and then import that so I was wondering if there were some simple tags I could use to get the imported text into a useable format.

I would like to be able to do the setup for formatting in the WinDev comments and never have to do much more than import into H&M and print. Is such a thing possible?

Thanks, Bob Roos
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Import text with some tagging

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bob,

There are no formatting commands supported for plain text import at the moment. What you could do is use Markdown formatting, which would make it easy to convert to HTML files, which you could then import with formatting. There are lots of Markdown tools around, including command line tools. I haven't looked in detail recently but I'm sure they are also available in Windows flavors. The best place to start is probably this posting by John Gruber on Daring Fireball, since he is the originator of the Markdown syntax.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Bob Roos

Re: Import text with some tagging

Unread post by Bob Roos »

Thanks Tim, I will take a look. That may do what I want.