Graphics and tables

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

VictorL

Graphics and tables

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!

Inserting the picture in a styled table's cell (this cell already has H&M style as exampling Table_text) I see an inserted picture has non_defined style and shown as red style as something like that.

How correctly one can insert the picture in table's cell the picture to have same style as a cell has (wishingly not to apply this style for the picture manually)?

I see maybe firstly to create picture saying in Impict and after it to select this picture by Open Image dialoge?

But an above solution is more complicated than first written one.

Thanks a lot.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Graphics and tables

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Victor,

Graphics/pictures don't have styles. The only style associated with a graphic is the Image Caption style, which is applied to the image caption, not to the image itself. There is no point in trying to apply a different style to the graphic itself, because that would not have any effect on the image. Help & Manual Styles don't have any attributes that can be applied to images.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Thanks!
Tim Green wrote:The only style associated with a graphic is the Image Caption style, which is applied to the image caption, not to the image itself.
As you can see from picture below sometimes there's a difference between styles to apply for table text and its own picture's style after insertation :(

No need using H&M picture's style to align text and picture because there's a table an alignment tools (to align top, bottom, left, right)...

But all stable the situation when all pictures in cell need to be formatted at once upon...

Everytime stepping from first picture to last applying caption style that's a turtle's speed to go :mrgreen:

But I don't tell about a custom standart to make a manuals offering for text and picture something special.

By the way the second picture I attached tells that your own project has two different styles as for icon as for text in table with a hidden lines.

Maybe I didn't get clear you'd like to tell before?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Victor,

The styles still have nothing to do with the images, they only apply to the text area and paragraphs around the images. That is not the same thing. You do sometimes have to be careful apply the same style to all the elements in a paragraph when inserting images, because an image is always surrounded by the caption style. Sometimes it makes a difference, and sometimes it doesn't matter -- for example in the toggles in your example from our help it is completely irrelevant, because the Normal style has no effect on either the image or the rest of the heading. But the style still does not apply to the image, only to the text in the caption and to the paragraph containing the image, which is not the same thing.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Thanks for answering!
Tim Green wrote:The styles still have nothing to do with the images, they only apply to the text area and paragraphs around the images.
Tim, it's just because of inserting graphics with a help of CTRL+C/CTRL+V in a table's cell.

After insertation the picture looks like on an attached picture before (getting left or down with stretching the inserted cell etc.).

As I wrote above the editing with table tools doesn't give an atractive result as for me as for a final designer too :arrow:

Then I found it to use a special style to align as a picture as a neiboure text too by the one line, space, height spaces etc.

Just great to have a special Image Caption style but if we use a side by side picture/text in tables we need them to be harmonized (I mean them to have same tab/space style)...

To use two different styles is complicated to work with.

It's favour from your side to offer very method solving graphics in tables problem at once.

I found in your test project a very flexible solution to use Image Style for exampling a H&M interface screenshot.

Great!

Tim, you've as always offered your help hand to a waited ones :D