TOC ordering issue

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kathleen Laughlin

TOC ordering issue

Unread post by Kathleen Laughlin »

Using 6.5.1 Build 2974, when I reorder a TOC item, I can only move it one position at a time. To move it again, I have to select a different topic and then reselect the topic that I actually want to move, and then click the Up or Down arrow. I can't drag a TOC topic at all. It seems I did both of these things in earlier versions. Have I inadvertently changed a setting or something?
tinat

Re: TOC ordering issue

Unread post by tinat »

Do you have Disable Drag and Drop in Explorer selected? This is under Project > Explore
Thanks, Tina
Kathleen Laughlin

Unread post by Kathleen Laughlin »

Thanks, Tina, I did have that selected, which is weird because I never touched that setting. It must have defaulted in one of the upgrades.
However, I do still have to reselect a topic to move it more than one position with the arrows. I am much more inclined to use this method rather than dragging topics and risk accidentally dropping a subtopic in the wrong location. Problem half solved!
tinat

Unread post by tinat »

That is strange. I can re-order the topic several times, without having to reselect it after each move. I'm on build 2974 as well. Wish I could be more help, I will leave this to the experts.
Thanks, Tina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kathleen,
Kathleen Laughlin wrote:I do still have to reselect a topic to move it more than one position with the arrows.
The arrows should only disable when you have reached the current limit of the movement possible with that arrow. This is most common with the right/left (demote/promote) arrows. For example if a topic is directly beneath another topic you can only move it to the right once. After that, it cannot go any further. And after that, you cannot move it up without first moving it back to the left.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.