Spell Checker Dictionary - Portuguese-BR

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

ErickMiranda

Spell Checker Dictionary - Portuguese-BR

Unread post by ErickMiranda »

Hi,

I downloaded a Portuguese-BR dictionary, called "Vero - Brazilian Portuguese Spellchecking Dictionary & Hyphenator" from Open Office Extensions (http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... hyphenator). So, I putted the OXT file (vero_pt_br_v208aoc.oxt) into "\Dictionaries" folder but the dictionary didn't appear in the Dictionaries tab in Spelling Options. What I need to do?
Thanks in advance!

Erick
Força Sempre! (Strength Always!)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Spell Checker Dictionary - Portuguese-BR

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Erick,

I just tested this and the Portuguese dictionary you link to is working fine. A couple of things to check:
  • Don't download files like this with Internet Explorer. Use another browser like Firefox, Chrome or Opera. IE occasionally changes archive files .zip and .ocx (which is actually just a ZIP file) in ways that make them behave incorrectly.
  • Restart Help & Manual after adding the dictonary to the /Dictionaries folder.
  • Make sure that you are adding it to the correct Help & Manual installation (in case you have more than one)...
  • Make sure you are using the current version of Help & Manual, which you can check with Help > About. The current version of HM6 is 6.5.1 Build 2974/5. You can download the installer here (just install on top of your current version to update):

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
ErickMiranda

Unread post by ErickMiranda »

Hi Tim,

I hadn't way to test yet. When I can test I'll tell you the result.
In anticipation, the currently installed version is 6.5.0 Build 2960. In this version, the dictionary "Vero - Brazilian Portuguese Spellchecking Dictionary & Hyphenator" won't work?
Thank's!

Erick
Força Sempre! (Strength Always!)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Erick,

No, the version number shouldn't have any effect on the dictionary working. But it's always best to stay up to date to have all the current error fixes. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.