Keywords

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Paul Elbertse

Keywords

Unread post by Paul Elbertse »

Goodday,

I would like to see the keywords in the footer of every page.
I am using the premium pack skin with webhelp output.

Can you tell me how to do this.

PS I want to use this to see if the keywords I entered are OK, that it is not too much or too few.
I know I can see this with the editor itself too but I just want to try this and maybe it is helpful for the user.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Paul
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Keywords

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Paul,

The keywords are inserted in the HTML page template with the variable <%TOPIC_KEYWORDS%>. If you want to insert a second copy above or below the topic body text you need to insert a copy of the variable in your HTML page template (in the skin you are using, not in your project). To insert at the bottom of the page insert it directly after the existing <%TOPIC_TEXT%> variable, before any other tags. You need to insert it in a pair of paragraph tags or other appropriate HTML tags, like this:

Code: Select all

<%TOPIC_TEXT%>
<p><%TOPIC_KEYWORDS%></p> 
Don't insert a second <%TOPIC_TEXT%> variable, that would insert a second copy of the entire topic!
PS I want to use this to see if the keywords I entered are OK, that it is not too much or too few.
I know I can see this with the editor itself too but I just want to try this and maybe it is helpful for the user.
To be honest, that would probably be rather confusing for the user. What are they supposed to learn from the list of keywords? They won't have any hyperlinks etc., they will just be a disconnected list of words without any real context.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Paul Elbertse

Re: Keywords

Unread post by Paul Elbertse »

Hi Tim,

Thank you.

I am not sure yet if I want to include the keywords.
I will experiment with it to see it it can be useful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul