Large display laptop

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Dressel

Large display laptop

Unread post by Ed Dressel »

I have a new Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. I like it. The display is 3200 x 1800 which is just beautiful. But when I start H&M, I can't read anything (see the attached image). So I tried changing the screen dimmensions to 1600 x 900 but funny thing is it didn't help--I even restarted H&M but no, still looks the same. I set the Setup/Text Size to "Very Large", still hard to read. I changed the "Custom DPI..." to 120. Still hard to read.

Any suggestions? Do I need to get an older laptop<g>?

Ed Dressel
Simon Dismore

Re: Large display laptop

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

You might find the H&M on Surface Pro 3 thread useful.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

This is the most important part for you from that thread:

Please try the 6.5.2 beta: http://download.ec-software.com/help-an ... p-v652.exe

It has improved support for high resolution displays and scales UI dialogs better. Topic editor is still restricted to 120 dpi (which is the equivalent to text sizes of 125%). A full featured zoom function, which is required to make the editor scale properly on systems with 150%+ font sizes, is in the works. This, however, will still take a while. Because the zoom affects every part of H&M - edit, display, export, import, print. It's a huge undertaking.

Note that the full-featured zoom function is going to have to be reserved for Help & Manual 7. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ed Dressel

Unread post by Ed Dressel »

Any idea when H&M7 will be available?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,
Any idea when H&M7 will be available?
We can't provide a specific date but it is currently targeted for the Spring of 2015. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.