Problem viewing TOC in PDF

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

DeWayne Rosene

Problem viewing TOC in PDF

Unread post by DeWayne Rosene »

I have users complaining that the TOC displayed in their PDF viewer is incomplete. On their screens all the detail entries below the chapters are missing. The remainder of the document looks fine on their systems. Some are getting messages related to missing fonts others no message at all. On my PC and even my Windows Phone they look fine. I personally use Foxit Reader and PDF writer but looking inside the PDF it looks like H&M is using a PDF writer from WPCubed GmbH. Before I start installing Acrobat or another PDF writer to see if that solves the problem I thought I would query H&M to see if others have had any issues.

I am using Cambria and Calibri fonts in my doc and the Print Manual Template is apparently using Cambria for the TOC entries.

One user has full Adobe Acrobat. He gets a message "Can't extract font, Cambria Bold..." when he tries to view the TOC in that tool. The Font Embedding config for my docs all specify "Embed TT fonts.." Only ones excluded are Arial, Courier, Courier New and Times new Roman. Other options "CID off", Optimize embedded.. Checked, Export text as glyphs.. NOT Checked.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem viewing TOC in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dewayne,

Please send a sample project and a copy of your .mnl PDF template to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check this. We don't need the graphics initially, just the project itself in single-file .hmxz format. If you're using .hmxp you can save a single-file .hmxz copy with Save As... in the File menu. Choose the "Help Project (single file storage)" format, (.HMXZ in the description text on the right). Then just delete all the unnecessary topics in the project copy before mailing.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.