square tabs in WebHelp

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

lheckman

square tabs in WebHelp

Unread post by lheckman »

I am generating WebHelp using the skins from Premium Pack 2.50. Because of some design changes in the product I'm documenting, I would like the tabs (topic, index, search) to appear with square corners rather than round.

I see that the Metro skins use this style, but I don't like the grid design in the background. Is there a way to replace that with a solid color of my choice?

Alternatively, is there a way to edit the WebHelp_SlateGrey skin, which is what I have been using, so that it uses square-cornered tabs?

Thanks for your help,
LouEllen
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: square tabs in WebHelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi LouEllen,
I see that the Metro skins use this style, but I don't like the grid design in the background.
The background is entirely optional and replaceable. It is references with the configuration variable MAIN_BGIMAGE. To replace it, add your own background image to the baggage files section of your skin and change the file name referenced by MAIN_BGIMAGE to the name of your own file. Note that the file name may not contain any spaces or special characters, otherwise it won't work in HTML. It should also ideally be quite short. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
lheckman

Great! That sounds easy enough. Are there any guidelines about the size of the image for best results?
lheckman

Never mind, I figured it out. Also figured out how to change the background for the TOC pane! :-)