How to Share .mnl Manual Template with Other Users

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ivonne Alemany

How to Share .mnl Manual Template with Other Users

Unread post by Ivonne Alemany »

Hi - I've created a Standard manual template for PDFs that I would like to share with other users that have the professional v6 version. I've made edits to the file that are not showing on my Select Print Manual Template options. Three Questions: How do I update\upload it in H&M? How can I share the template? How can they upload to their Publish Format options?
Thank you,
IA
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How to Share .mnl Manual Template with Other Users

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ivonne,
I've made edits to the file that are not showing on my Select Print Manual Template options.

You won't see your edits in the preview images displayed when you select the template, only in the actual PDF output. Also, make sure that you are really selecting the template that you have edited! The preview images only show templates that you have used recently. If you have edited a new copy it won't appear directly. Instead, choose the smaller "Open Skin" menu option at the top to select a specific file.

Recommendation: Store your edited .mnl PDF template file in your project folder.
Three Questions: How do I update\upload it in H&M?

Make sure you are selecting the correct file. In Manual Designer, select Save As... in the File menu and save the edited version in your project folder with a new name. Then you will know exactly where to select it (see above).
How can I share the template?

Just give your colleague the .mnl template file. They will need their own licensed copy elp & Manual and the project as well to generate the PDF with it, of course.
How can they upload to their Publish Format options?
For PDF you only need to select the template. The publishing options for the project are stored in the project itself, and they will have those automatically as soon as they have the project.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.