Introduction Topic not getting displayed

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

raghunomix

Introduction Topic not getting displayed

Unread post by raghunomix »

Hi,
I have a problem.

When i click the Introduction page on the TOC of my online help (webhelp) it does not display the content. But when i search for the Introduction page, it displays the topic with the content just fine.

What could be the issue? Appreciate if anyone can help.

regards,
Raghu
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Introduction Topic not getting displayed

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Raghu,

Check the ID of the topic in the Topic Options tab. It's possible that it's linked to a different ID that is not getting exported, and there is a topic file that contains the Introduction content that is being exported. Then look down in the Project Files > Topic Files section, located the matching topic files and check their build options (right-click on the topic file and look in the Include in Builds context menu).

It's possible for topic files and TOC entries to have different build options, although they are normally the same if you apply them via the TOC.

Another thing that may be happening is that the topic file is being excluded but there is an old copy of it in your output folder. If you didn't delete all the files in your output folder before publishing then you would still be able to find it with search, because the search index is generated from the files in the output folder.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.