Topic Status disappeared?

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

dvc

Topic Status disappeared?

Unread post by dvc »

Hi!

I have a repository in H&M 6. I can apply a topic status (colour) to the topics, but i cannot change any of the existing topic statuses or add any new ones. Right clicking on a topic - 'Topic status' - 'Define Custom Topic Status' does not have any effect. Neither can i find option 'Topic status' in 'Configuration' - 'Common properties'. The topics statuses in normal projects are working fine.

I also have a H&M 7 installation on my laptop. The trial period has run out. Could that be causing this issue? Can there be some kind of conflict?

Kind regards,

Debbie
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Topic Status disappeared?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Debbie,

The installation on your laptop won't have any effect on the other computer. Are you running Help & Manual 6 there? Also, did you edit the repository with the trial version of Help & Manual 7 and then return to it with Help & Manual 6? To reset some things you may need to make a change in the repository, save it, then close it and re-open it again.

Please also check with Help > About to make sure you are using the current version of the program. The current version of HM6 is 6.5.6 Build 3027. You can download the installer here (just install on top of your current version to update):

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.