Problems with Search in Webhelp

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

liza_elagina

Problems with Search in Webhelp

Unread post by liza_elagina »

Hello! I have come across the following issue: when I try to use Search in my Webhelp published from Help and Manual, I get an error. It starts with "0)die("This version of the Zoom search script requires PHP 4.2.0 or higher.You are currently using: PHP " . phpversion() . "" and then says something about missing Zoom files, namely 'zoom_spelling.zdat'. What could be causing this issue?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Search in Webhelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Liza,

This basically means what it says: Your web server is using an obsolete version of PHP, that cannot be used with Zoom any more. You need to get your web administrator to update the server to use a more recent version of PHP. However, since you are posting in the Help+Manual 6 group you are probably still using version 6, which contains an old version of Zoom. If your web person updates to the most recent version of PHP, which is 7.4, it is possible that your old Zoom may not work on that either, and then you would either have to update Help+Manual or use JavaScript instead of PHP.

The message about the missing Zoom files probably means that you didn't upload all the files in the WebHelp output folder to the server. Either that or you have a permissions problem on the output folder and the Zoom program wasn't able to write the files there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.