Updates to Page Templates without skins

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Carrie Simmons

Updates to Page Templates without skins

Unread post by Carrie Simmons »

Hi,

We not use skins for our HTML Page Templates.

I made a change to HTML Source Code for a template and am wondering the change will propagate through all topics using that template or if I need to go into each topic and reselect the HTML Page Templates in the topic options. I seem to get varying results so wondering what the best practice is to update page templates when not using skins (besides to start using skins... we're working towards that)

Thanks for any help you can give,
Carrie
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Updates to Page Templates without skins

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Carrie,

If the HTML Page Template: field in the Topic Options tab (on the left of the editor window) is set to "Default" for all your topics then that is the template that will be used for all your topics. It will only be different if you have created an additional template and applied that to individual topics by changing the setting in the Topic Options tab for those topics.

Tip: If you have more than one project you can use everything you have set up for this project very easily by saving the project as a skin. Select Save As.. in the File menu, then choose the skin option. Then you can publish other projects with those templates and settings by selecting that skin with the Select Skin option in the Publish screen. You then need to select the small "Open Skin" option that is easy to miss among all the large preview items. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.