V4 Magazine Skin - untranslatable string "Search"?

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Krimmel

V4 Magazine Skin - untranslatable string "Search"?

Unread post by Martin Krimmel »

Hi y'all
I have localized/translated all available strings for my modern magazine skin. However, the header still displays the untranslated string "Search" (tooltipp "Search Documentation") next to the burger menu.
Where do I find this string for localization?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Martin
Martin Krimmel
Technical Writer/Translator
d.velop Life Sciences GmbH
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: V4 Magazine Skin - untranslatable string "Search"?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

This was overlooked, the texts are still hard-coded. You can find them in the Page Template, at lines 173-174. Variables will be added for this in the next maintenance update. (Note that you need to activate the advanced functions in Toolbox in Edit > Preferences without a skin loaded to be able to edit the templates with it.)

What you could do is use the BTNTEXT_SEARCH variable for the main text and add a BTNTEXT_SEARCHTIP variable for the tooltip, like this:

Code: Select all

<a id="topicsearchlink" class="topicnavlink" onclick="hmWebHelp.doSearch()" title="<%BTNTEXT_SEARCHTIP%>">
		 <svg class="navicon" viewBox="0 0 27 32"><use xlink:href="#search"></use></svg>
		 <span><%BTNTEXT_SEARCH%></span></a>
That will then match the update when it is released. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Krimmel

Re: V4 Magazine Skin - untranslatable string "Search"?

Unread post by Martin Krimmel »

Hi Tim,

as was to be expected, this worked like a charm.

I should probably have found this myself but I was apparently to hasty scrolling through the different templates and overlooked it as well. :oops:

Thanks for the immediate help.

Regards,
Martin
Martin Krimmel
Technical Writer/Translator
d.velop Life Sciences GmbH