Text object in slide displaced downward when played

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

chfrmeyer

Text object in slide displaced downward when played

Unread post by chfrmeyer »

I inserted a text object into a slide of a Screencast.

When previewed, or when the screencast is played, the text appears displaced to a bit below where I actually inserted it (see attached graphic).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chfrmeyer

Re: Text object in slide displaced downward when played

What I wanted to add:

When the "displaced text" error is resolved (ow worked around), I intend to "typewriter animate" it. I wonder what issues I may come accross at that...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Chfr,

Select the Design tab and then Customize Theme. There instead of letting the text sizes be automatic, set predefined sizes. That should fix issues like this.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
chfrmeyer

Thanks for your tip. With predefined rather that automatic character sizes my text object works as intended, including typewriter animation.

However, working with German localization setting, I found the German rendering of "Customize Theme" confusing.
May I suggest (Darf ich vorschlagen?) that be changed from "Farben ändern" to "Designs anpassen" or "Schemata anpassen" or "Themes anpassen"?

(I'm trilingual in that I'm at home with English, German and a third (non-Indo-European) language with native or near-native command.)