Screencast Preferences

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Olivier Beltrami

Screencast Preferences

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Hello,

By trial and error, I found out that the Animation option "Start On-> Slide Entry", for cursors and spotlight, is the one that most intuitively matches the way I am creating my screencasts. Is there a way to specify this as a default in the Screencast preferences ?

Very best regards,

Olivier
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Screencast Preferences

Unread post by Tim Green »

Olivier Beltrami wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:56 am By trial and error, I found out that the Animation option "Start On-> Slide Entry", for cursors and spotlight, is the one that most intuitively matches the way I am creating my screencasts. Is there a way to specify this as a default in the Screencast preferences ?
No, because that would be incorrect. When the cursor moves it will click, and when it clicks you will get a change in the image, and then you will need a new slide. If you change this the screencast will no longer be a representation of what you recorded on the screen.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Olivier Beltrami

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I had understood that from the online documentation (the image changes after the click).

But my problem is that my images also change before the click due to the application UI responding to mouse-over messages. For example, buttons become "hot", tooltips appear, the menu item under the mouse changes appearance, .... All this before the mouse click, and when the mouse is far away on the screen. So, for example, it looks weird that a tooltip should appear first, and then later the mouse moves to the position of the tooltip.

See the online example at https://www.qppstudio.net/xplain/mouse-hover-lag.html where the cursor is always "lagging behind" the appearance of tooltips and menu items responding to mouse-overs.

Does my explanation make sense ? If so, how do you get around it ?

Very best regards,

Olivier
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

If you want to capture mouseover changes before the click you need to capture additional screenshots for that manually with the hotkey. But as a general rule you shouldn't try to change the mouse animation to slide entry unless you manually add additional elements to appear after the click. And that would only be for individual slides.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.