eViewer 'always on top' option

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Greg Smith

eViewer 'always on top' option

Unread post by Greg Smith »

Thanks for implementing the 'always on top'. However, please can it be separate from position and size, or provide us with a way to default the position and size. Otherwise, my application becomes responsible for tracking the position of the Help window, which it cannot do (simply). Users generally want the help window to remain where they last positioned it.

How about /stayontop as a separate (additional) option.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Re: eViewer 'always on top' option

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hi Greg,

Your application is responsible for setting the initial default position of the help window. The stay-on-top option only makes sense on smaller screens. If one has a display as huge as mine, stay-on-top would be a p.i.t.a. So it depends on the screen real estate and on the position of the help window. The only app that can decide this is the calling app, your application.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Greg Smith

Re: eViewer 'always on top' option

Unread post by Greg Smith »

I have a 4k display + 2 smaller ones... it is irritating when I look stuff up in the help, then click in my app to use the information and the help is buried... it all depends on the circumstances. Ideally, the viewer application would have this as an interactive option so the user can decide.