HHC5003: Error: Compilation failed while compiling ..\nonscroll.js

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Olivier Beltrami

HHC5003: Error: Compilation failed while compiling ..\nonscroll.js

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Hi,

I am trying to re-install HM8 and PP350 on a new PC and I am getting the following:

Code: Select all

A serious warning occurred, compilation might be finished but the result is not ok (this concerns, for instance, dead links, missing images, etc.)
and

Code: Select all

[Compiler Results] Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702  Compiling i:\Help\HTML\QppHelp.chm  HHC5003: Error: Compilation failed while compiling ..\nonscroll.js.   The following files were not compiled: ..\nonscroll.js 
I saw a port about this from 2010, but in it you state that the discussion was moved to a new thread without any links to it.

Totally similar setup (all paths, same OS, ...) on my laptop works fine. Only duifference is that HM7 was never installed on this new PC.

Very best regards,

Olivier
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: HHC5003: Error: Compilation failed while compiling ..\nonscroll.js

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Olivier,

i:\\ is almost certainly a mapped network drive. You can't compile a CHM file to that without errors since it will be blocked by Windows, so that may be the cause.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Olivier Beltrami

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Hi Tim,

The drive i:\ is a local drive (not even USB, a partition of the main drive).
BTW: the only nonscroll.js file that I can fin on my system dates from 2001, almost 20 years ago).

The other message, the one that was causing my FinalBuilder scripts to abort was due to the default "allow dead links" that generates an error in the build. When I set it back to "remove links" the messages turned to hints and FinalBuilder no longer aborted.

Very best regards,

Olivier
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Olivier,

Try compiling the individual commands in your scripts on your own. That's really the only way to find where it's happening, and if you have such an old file reference turning up it must be in your script somewhere. Note also that the new installer for PP3.5 that lets you install in any HM folder is now online. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.