Screen Captrure Tool in HM8...

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Griet Ameeu

Screen Captrure Tool in HM8...

Unread post by Griet Ameeu »

Hello,

I am not so happy with the screen capture tool in HM8 :( , because I don't have the shadow options for my captures and the other options (shadows for mouse cursors,non rectagle captions). So, I am working in HM8 for my project, but I open the project in HM7 to capture my screenshots.

Is a project saved in HM8 compatible with a project saved in HM7 in both directions (hm7 --> hm8 and hm8 --> hm7)? What are the limitations?

Best regards
Griet Ameeu
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Screen Captrure Tool in HM8...

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Griet,

The project formats of HM7 and HM8 are broadly compatible except for three new objects: "Formulas", "Link Lists" and "Figure Captions". These objects are unknown to HM7. Everything else is fully compatible. Furthermore, HelpXplain presentations have additional parameters for printing, but are generally backwards compatible.

However, there is an easier way to deal with this problem: If you copy the image you have captured to the clipboard you can insert it in HM8 with CTRL+V. This also works for updating existing screenshots in topics: Copy the new version to the clipboard, select the old version in the editor and press CTRL+V. The file will then be overwritten with the new image. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Screen Captrure Tool in HM8...

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Griet,

You can also use the capture tool in Impict, which is still the old version. Then apply the shadows and other effects you want there and copy to your project as described above.

Important: Impict is no longer installed automatically. You need to select it in the components you want to install when you are installing Help+Manual 8. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.