Problem with new skin Advanced_Full_Aqua_WebHelp.hmskin

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

redseujac

Problem with new skin Advanced_Full_Aqua_WebHelp.hmskin

Unread post by redseujac »

I bought H&M 8.0.1 and PP 4.0.2.

I try to publish my project with new skin Advanced_Full_Aqua_WebHelp.hmskin.

However I wish to remove the EC Software logo (top left) and the “Free Trial” (Top Right and bottom left) and “Contact us” ( bottom left) (see attached screen capture).

I can’t find Skin Include Options in the PP 4.0.2 to enable/disable those elements.

Best regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redseujac

Re: Problem with new skin Advanced_Full_Aqua_WebHelp.hmskin

OK. I fixed this problem by editing manually the baggage file "hm_modern.css" at several places.

But, I don't think that's the right thing to do.

It should be possible to remove / disable / enable those elements / buttons through the Premium Pack Toolbox Utility. That's what it is designed for?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

redseujac wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:05 pmIt should be possible to remove / disable / enable those elements / buttons through the Premium Pack Toolbox Utility. That's what it is designed for?
Yes, of course. Note that the Include Options have been removed in this version and replaced with the new Skin Options button in Toolbox. That is covered in the documentation.

Changing the logo image is easy, see this topic:

http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp4hel ... vfull.html
Logo image and URL
The settings are in the Page Header & Footer Layout variables group when editing the skin in Toolbox. Add your own logo image to the Baggage Files section of the skin. The easiest solution is to overwrite the version in the skin, using the file name shown there. You can right-click on the file in the Baggage Files section and use the Export option to get the appropriate dimensions for your logo.
The buttons can currently be configured but there is no option to remove them because it is assumed that you will always need at least two links like that. We may add an option to remove them if it turns out that an unexpected number of people want to do so.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
redseujac

The possibility should be added in the Toolbox to DISABLE those buttons. Those buttons are not needed if the help file is accessible from the website (my case). The website of course contains already buttons / links like this, so it's not needed that the help file contains them once more.

May I insist as long time user to consider the possibility to Disable those buttons through the Toolbox :wink:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Update: We're adding this option in the next maintenance update which should be available by the end of this week. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
redseujac

Thank you very much indeed :lol:
redseujac

Tim Green wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:16 pm Update: We're adding this option in the next maintenance update which should be available by the end of this week. 8)
How will we be notified when the update is available?
Tim Green
Site Admin

redseujac wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:49 pm How will we be notified when the update is available?
It will be posted in the announcements here in the forum and on the EC Software news blog. I'm currently planning to post it on Monday as I'm just finishing up. There were some delays in the course of the week due to issues reported by users that had to be investigated thoroughly, even though it turned out they had nothing to do with the skins. :?
Regards,

Private support:
redseujac

Tim Green wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:16 pm Update: We're adding this option in the next maintenance update which should be available by the end of this week. 8)
I installed the newest version (4.0.3) of Premium Pack Toolbox and it's working as I wanted (no logo, no links) :D

However I noticed some (cosmetic?) issue when running my project with Advanced Full Aqua WebHelp skinn in Firefox browser.
It's all about the Search function (upper right of the screen).

When you enter a search word in the box and then click on Search button, the results are not shown directly. A new tab is added in Firefox with those results, but this tab and contents are not shown directly. You have to click on that tab to view the search results. When, instead of clicking on the Search button, you hit the Enter key the tab with the results is shown/opened directly.

This "issue" doesn't occur in Google Chrome nor in Edge browser.
Tim Green
Site Admin

You have to click on that tab to view the search results. When, instead of clicking on the Search button, you hit the Enter key the tab with the results is shown/opened directly.
Thanks for reporting this, we'll look into it. Since it's working in other browsers it may be a Firefox bug that is not fixable, but we'll see.
Regards,

Private support: