Issue with dropdowns in Webhelp

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Caroline D

Issue with dropdowns in Webhelp

Unread post by Caroline D »

I use dropdowns for paragraphs inside a topic. I cannot open the first dropdown if there is not a minimum space between the dropdown header and the topic top (2 lines): the cursor doesn't change when I move it over the dropdown header. This issue occurs systematically, with any of my topics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Issue with dropdowns in Webhelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Caroline,

Which skin are you using for your WebHelp output? It's not quite clear from your screenshot and that would be a key factor here.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Caroline D

I use a skin I created by updating H&M Webhelp, iFrames Responsive, blue.hmskin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Caroline D wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:34 am I use a skin I created by updating H&M Webhelp, iFrames Responsive, blue.hmskin.
I just tested this and it worked fine. I fear it may be an unintended result of your edits in the skin, particularly if you have made changes to the original source code, scripts or CSS. Try publishing with an unedited version of the skin. You will probably find that it works.

Opening the browser console with F12 will show you if there are any errors occurring when it isn't working (probably). If you can't find the cause of the problem like that you need to start over with your modifications and add them one step at a time, testing after each change.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Caroline D

I did as you suggested and it works now! thanks :-)