H&M, Version Control and TFS

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Lawson_TW

H&M, Version Control and TFS

Unread post by Lawson_TW »

Hi TIm,

In the company I work, we (5 people) use H&M v6.5.5 and TFS 2010.
Meanwhile, we will upgrade to Azure Development Ops. We want to upgrade H&M, but I don't know how we will make the version control.
I think that we need the Server Version with floating licences, but how we make the version control? Can you help me?

Thank you.

Eduardo
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: H&M, Version Control and TFS

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Eduardo,

Version control works both with the Professional and the Floating licenses. There are no functional differences between these two versions; the only difference is the license model. Professional licenses are regular per-seat licenses. Floating licenses can be shared by multiple users. The number of users who can work with them at the same time depends on the number of Floating licenses you have: If you have 5 Floating licenses then any 5 users anywhere can use the program at the same time, for example.

See this chapter in the documentation to learn about using version control with Help+Manual

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/hm_advanced.html
In the company I work, we (5 people) use H&M v6.5.5 and TFS 2010.
That early version of TFS is not supported and will not be supported in the future. Currently TFS 2012, 2013 and 2015 (there is no 2014) are supported. If you are planning on upgrading your version control we would recommend using SubVersion (SVN) over TFS, if possible.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.