Bookmark sorting

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ron Horn

Bookmark sorting

Unread post by Ron Horn »

What determines the sorting of bookmarks in the list? I've got enough that the list is scrollable. As I started reviewing them from the top, I later noticed that the one at the top had moved to the bottom. I'm not editing the bookmarks, only hovering to view the comment.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Re: Bookmark sorting

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hello Ron,

If you manage bookmarks manually, they appear in the order as you set them (latest bookmark at the end of the list).
If you let H&M manage bookmarks automatically, it creates a bookmark for every comment in a topic. In this case, bookmarks are updated whenever the topic that includes the comment(s) changes.

You probably have automatic bookmarking on. You can switch this off in Program Options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Ron Horn

Re: Bookmark sorting

Unread post by Ron Horn »

Ah, that likely explains it. First, we intentionally let H&M create them automatically. Then I had made a small edit in a topic that contained one. That's probably what made it "fresh" and moved it to the bottom of the bookmark list. I was using that list to work my way through all the comments. But when it started changing I just switched to using the Topic list and the pins there to guide me which worked just as well.