Toggles within Toggles with Snippets

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Erich Carshagen

Toggles within Toggles with Snippets

Unread post by Erich Carshagen »

Good day,

We have experienced an issue with toggles. We basically add our main topics for the page as toggles and then inside the toggles we add more toggles for data dictionaries and information on screens. We include Images, text, lists, tables, etc and as these can get quite long, I have created sub-topics to make the editing easier for these sections.

Here is the issue, when trying to add additional sections and we click into toggle, the toggles are hidden and i have to scroll up until i see details of a topic and then scroll down using the mouse wheel to the bottom of the topic all while the bottom half of the screen is hidden.

Note that this has happened to me where a very large table has been added to a topic or if the toggle is very long.

I have attached a screenshot of the bottom half of the screen that hides the topics. Is this something we can resolve? Please let me know what you require, i can send the project, but it is quite large (100M+). We will need a save zone to drop it.

Thank you
Erich
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Toggles within Toggles with Snippets

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Erich,

Basically, multiple nested toggles are a bad idea and to be avoided. It's just bad layout practice. If you must have them the skins in the Premium Pack will handle making the current toggle visible better than the standard skins, because they have more advanced toggle algorithms. However, I would really strongly advise against both over-nesting toggles and putting too much information in toggles, as both defeat the purpose of the construct. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Erich Carshagen

Re: Toggles within Toggles with Snippets

Unread post by Erich Carshagen »

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the reply. I thought that was the issue, but just wanted to make sure :frustration:

We will review how we structure the details going forward

Thanks again.