WebHelp skin: logo transparency

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

WebHelp skin: logo transparency

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

I've replaced the logo PNG files in ModernStandard_Very_Plain_WebHelp skin by opening the files in PPT using Impict, the only way I know to edit skin bitmaps.

In Impict, I removed the EC Software bitmap and substituted my own, a transparent PNG, then saved it to the original file name, logo-imag-desk.png. I then saved the skin in PPT.

However, the result is a non-transparent logo on the H+M Publish WebHelp output -- in fact, it appears to be a negative version of the transparent ping (white is black, red is cyan, etc.)

I thought I ran across this earlier, but can't find any relevant posts in the H+M7 forum.

Where does logo-image-desk.png reside? If Impict can't handle transparent PNGs, how do I substitute my own transparent PNG file?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: WebHelp skin: logo transparency

Unread post by Tim Green »

Where does logo-image-desk.png reside? If Impict can't handle transparent PNGs, how do I substitute my own transparent PNG file?
All skin files are in the Baggage. Impict doesn't do PNG transparency, so you need to add your own file in the Baggage Files section.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Tim Green wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:16 pm you need to add your own file in the Baggage Files section.
That's what I'm having trouble with. I'm used to copying a file from one folder to another, but I don't see a baggage file folder.

How do I add my own file to the skin baggage file? Or alternatively, give PPT the file path + file name?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dave Gehman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:03 pm How do I add my own file to the skin baggage file? Or alternatively, give PPT the file path + file name?
In PPT select the Baggage Files section. Then right-click in the list and select Add Baggage File(s). Or just select Baggage Files > Add Baggage File in the Edit menu.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Dunce time.

Plus I remembered (a) that Projects are Zip files and (b) that Skins are Projects...

Just to be safe, I'll go the PPT route(s).