Include icon in heading style?

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gunilla_Svanfeldt

Include icon in heading style?

Unread post by Gunilla_Svanfeldt »

Hi,
Is it possible to create a style that contains an image (small icon)?
So that when you apply the style to a heading, it always displays the icon before the text?

As an example, if I have the heading:

Available tools

Then I apply my fantastic style called "Tools headings", and the text is formatted and the icon is inserted before the text:

:idea: Available tools

Any ideas for how to solve this without having to insert an image every time?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Include icon in heading style?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gunilla,

Sorry, but styles are text only and cannot include icons. However, there is still an easy way to achieve what you want: Create a heading exactly as you want to have it with the icon and some dummy text, using a style for all the text and paragraph formatting. Then select the entire paragraph, select File > Save Snippet in the Project > Manage Topics section of the toolbar and save it in your project folder as an XML snippet. Then whenever you want to use that heading style, select the Snippet tool in Write > Insert and insert the XML snippet in Copy/Paste mode.

You can use this method for all kinds of complex formatting, toggles, tables and many other things you need to reuse. See this topic in the help for full information on using and managing snippets:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/hm_w ... ppets.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Gunilla_Svanfeldt

Re: Include icon in heading style?

Unread post by Gunilla_Svanfeldt »

Ok, thank you, I will try that solution for other things as well!