WinHelp HPJ import with RTF files

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

R_Blanco

WinHelp HPJ import with RTF files

Unread post by R_Blanco »

Hi,

I have imported a WinHelp HPJ with RTF files in the same folder. Attached are the screen shots with comments which explain the issue I am having with the import process.

I appreciate your help.
HelpManual_HPJ_1-640x480.jpg
HelpManual_HPJ_5-640x480.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: WinHelp HPJ import with RTF files

Unread post by Tim Green »

The Map data should be imported automatically when you import the HPJ project. What specific problems are you experiencing? Your posting isn't very clear on this... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hello R_Blanco,

I think you mistake the RTF filenames for topic IDs, which is not the case. An RTF file typically contains multiple topics, each with a separate ID, and each topic separated from the next one with a hard page break. The topic IDs are assigned with special Winhelp footnotes - if I remember correctly, it was a #-footnote.

It may be possible that your RTF files each just contain 1 topic without a dedicated ID defined inside the RTF. But that would really be a special case. In this case, Help+Manual would automatically assign generic IDs such as IDH_1 to give each topic page a unique name.

Your [MAP] section seems to refer to RTF filenames, not to topic IDs. That explains why it has not been imported, because there is no matching topic.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
R_Blanco

Unread post by R_Blanco »

Hi Alexander,

Each RTF is a separate topic (see attached screen shots). They are generated by a software development tool.

Doesn't the "footnote" contain the dedicated topic id? My goal is to have them appear under "topics" in Help+Manual with the topic name in the "footnote".

Does it help merging the RTF files before importing the HPJ?

HelpManual_HPJ_4-640x480.jpg
HelpManual_HPJ_3-640x480.jpg
HelpManual_HPJ_2-640x480.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

That should do it. But I cannot say much about it without an example. Would you mind to email an example to support (@) ec-software.com?
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH