Word output style change

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Word output style change

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I'm generating a Word document to go along side my pdf and ebook.

It is around 600 pages and 60000 words.

When I open it it looks great but then once it's opened all the pages it inexplicably generates a load of new styles and completely changes the format of everything to the extent that it replaces headings with Wingdings font and reduces text sizes down to 3.

Any ideas?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Word output style change

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gareth,

This will almost certainly be related to your Word template. Try generating the output with a standard template that hasn't been edited. Are you still getting the same effect?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

Tim Green wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:18 am Hi Gareth,

This will almost certainly be related to your Word template. Try generating the output with a standard template that hasn't been edited. Are you still getting the same effect?
A standard template works fine. It's only when applying my own that I get the problem.

However, my own template is basically the basic template with modified headings and a different title page. I cannot figure out why, for instance, text is being changed to WingDings when that font isn't used at all in the template.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ga Bowen wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:14 am However, my own template is basically the basic template with modified headings and a different title page. I cannot figure out why, for instance, text is being changed to WingDings when that font isn't used at all in the template.
Not being Harry Potter, I can't figure that out by remove viewing either... :) Please mail me a demo project and your template at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll have a look at it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.