Floating licenses - display usage

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Thomas Grehl

Floating licenses - display usage

Unread post by Thomas Grehl »

With the H&M 7 server licenses, there was a tool to see how many licenses where in use at a given point in time. Is there a similar tool for H&M 8 floating licenses? Also, it would be great to be able to see who (which machine) is using the licenses, to identify if there is demand for more licesnses or if this is just temporary use. This would fit well into the "license & maintenance" dialog.

thanks,
Thomas
Thomas Grehl
IONTOF GmbH
www.iontof.com
christian-de-kruyff

Re: Floating licenses - display usage

Unread post by christian-de-kruyff »

Thomas Grehl wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:59 am With the H&M 7 server licenses, there was a tool to see how many licenses where in use at a given point in time. Is there a similar tool for H&M 8 floating licenses? Also, it would be great to be able to see who (which machine) is using the licenses, to identify if there is demand for more licesnses or if this is just temporary use. This would fit well into the "license & maintenance" dialog.

thanks,
Thomas
We recently switched to HM8 and I am as well missing such an overview instantly. Also the message just states something like "please contact your administrator". This is me, but I cannot do anything more than calling every colleague who has a version installed.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Floating licenses - display usage

Unread post by Tim Green »

Please contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) for help with this issue. We have a solution for administrators only. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.