TFS Online Repositiory

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Erich Carshagen

TFS Online Repositiory

Unread post by Erich Carshagen »

TFS Online Repository API:
Add support for users that uses TFS Online repository. This will ensure that the user can make use of the full functionality offered by HM with the integration of TFS.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: TFS Online Repositiory

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Erich,

I can understand the desire for this but I'm afraid that support for this is very unlikely. Our developers responsible for the TFS integration are actually sorry that they did it in the first place and they definitely don't want to extend it. Apparently the whole interface to it is so troublesome, and Microsoft makes so many deep modifications every time they change it, that every update is as much work as integrating a completely new version control system. This is also the main reason that has delayed support for Git, which is a genuinely good system like SVN.

As explained in the Help+Manual documentation, we strongly recommend that you only use TFS if you have no alternative. SVN is a much better system in every way. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.