Error 1172 when moving the mouse over an inserted text var.

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jules

Error 1172 when moving the mouse over an inserted text var.

Unread post by Jules »

Hi,

For my help file, I've made a splash screen that contains one text variable (%APP%, an own defined text var).

When I move the mouse cursor over this text variable, I get the following message:

Error 1172

No more info is shown.

The variable is located in a table cell, with an image as background. Don't know if this is relevant or not.

But it seems it's not harmful, since the generated help file is OK at first sight.

Anyone observed this behaviour too?
Best regards,

Jules
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Jules,

Are you using the latest version of Help & Manual? The current version is 4.15 Build 906. You can check this with About... in the Help menu. If your version is older just download the current version from the EC Software website and install on top of your current version.

Also, how are you inserting the variable in your topic? If you are typing it manually remember that the correct syntax is <%APP%>, not %APP%.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tek

Unread post by Tek »

I am also getting this same error with the latest version 906 when I hover over variables that previously didn't give me this error. I usually insert them using the right-click menu, or by copying and pasing the variable.
Tek

Unread post by Tek »

Attached is an animated GIF of it happening for me. Not much to see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tek, Jules,

The developers confirm that this is a small cosmetic bug that appears on some computer configurations (probably in combination with specific graphics cards/drivers). It will be fixed in the next update.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Jules

Unread post by Jules »

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late reply...
Tim Green wrote:Are you using the latest version of Help & Manual? The current version is 4.15 Build 906.
Yes, I am using this version.
Tim Green wrote:Also, how are you inserting the variable in your topic? If you are typing it manually remember that the correct syntax is <%APP%>, not %APP%.
I'm using the green button (topic = "Insert TextVariable (Ctrl+T)"), located on the "Insert & Edit", to insert the variable(s). So nothing manually.
Best regards,

Jules
Jules

Unread post by Jules »

Tim Green wrote:Hi Tek, Jules,

The developers confirm that this is a small cosmetic bug that appears on some computer configurations (probably in combination with specific graphics cards/drivers). It will be fixed in the next update.
Ok, nice to know, Tim.

Thanks for the investigation.
Best regards,

Jules