Toggle icon files and styles

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Paul Gilman

Toggle icon files and styles

Unread post by Paul Gilman »

In the Edit Toggle window, it would be handy to be able to create a custom icon set that I could add to the list of options for the toggle icons. For now, I have to go through by hand and select two files to assign a custom icon set for each toggle that I create. I would like to be able to add "My Icons" to the list, and then be able to select it to automatically populate the Collapsed and Expanded fields with my custom icons.

I think a workaround might be to rename my toggle icon files using built-in file names like hmtoggle_arrow0.gif, but I'd have to be careful that those files were not being used for something else elsewhere in my project.

Taking that idea a step further, it would be nice to be able to define a toggle style that I could apply without having to go through the steps in the Edit Toggle window for every toggle in my project. Using an XML snippet to create a dummy toggle gets me part way there, but still requires a couple of steps to copy and paste text to replace the dummy text, and isn't very helpful when I want to change toggle icons or tooltips.

Thanks for the great piece of software!

Best regards,
Paul.
Tomek Shaft

Re: Toggle icon files and styles

Unread post by Tomek Shaft »

I enjoy that wish :D
Regards...
Tomek