Unable to write to zoom_pageinfo.tmp

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Lina Castro

Unable to write to zoom_pageinfo.tmp

Unread post by Lina Castro »

Hi,

We have been using HelpandManual for many years and the publication of the manual did not give us problems, but lately, with some frequency, but without being able to identify the reason when publishing the manual gives the following error: Unable to write to zoom_pageinfo.tmp, and Search does not work, which forces us to restore the previous version of the published manual. Any idea why this situation occurs?
Regards,
Lina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Unable to write to zoom_pageinfo.tmp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lina,

This is always a permissions problem. It means that when Help+Manual calls the Zoom web indexer after publishing to generate the search index from the published HTML files, Zoom does not have full read and write permissions for the output folder.

Try publishing to a local folder in your own Documents directory. Also, make sure the folder is empty before you start the publishing operation (just choose the option to delete all the files in the folder in the Publish screen).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Lina Castro

Hi Tim,
The manual is always published to a newly created directory and this error only sometimes happens, but I will publish it to a directory on my machine.
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Lina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Lina Castro wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:42 am The manual is always published to a newly created directory
If you're creating the directory with a batch command file the problem might be the account being used to execute the batch file. If it is on another computer it might create the directory such that the Zoom program then doesn't have full write permissions to that folder.

You could experiment to see if this is the problem by running the following command on the created folder before calling Help+Manual to publish the project:

Code: Select all

icacls "<path>\helpoutput" /grant %USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%:(OI)(CI)F /T
You need to replace <path>\helpoutput with the path and name of the output directory created. The %USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME% variables will automatically enter the domain and name of the user executing the batch file.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Lina Castro

Hi Tim,

Great tip, thank you very much!

I ran the command in a batch before creating the directory and this was the result:
Access is denied.
Successfully processed 0 files; Failed processing 1 files

It is just strange that the error occurs intermittently, yesterday for example I published and did not have the error, but we will activate logs on this server so that when the error occurs again we can analyse it better.

When the error occurs again, I will give you news.

Regards,
Lina