'Package' command similar to InDesign

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

jeffbronks

'Package' command similar to InDesign

Unread post by jeffbronks »

InDesign has a 'Package' command that will search for all linked files (only images and fonts, as far as I know) and copy them to a local directory, then save a version of the project that points to the local copies. This gives you a directory structure that you can zip up and archive, or check in to your document server, and know that you will be able to rebuild when you check it out again.

I know that H&M can do something similar with baggage files, but this only works if you manually copy your images to the baggage folder and tell your project to use them. It would be very time-consuming to do this for a project that has hundreds of images spread over dozens of directories. I imagine that the same problem might apply to snippets, if these can be stored outside the project folder.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: 'Package' command similar to InDesign

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jeff,

A "package" idea like this is already in the planning drawer, it just hasn't been implemented yet... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.