problem with ePub

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Giampaolo

problem with ePub

Unread post by Giampaolo »

We're using Help&Manual software to make a series of products: printed book and html eBook with the same .hmxz file.
You can visit our web site: www.valutazioneimmobiliarestandard.it.
Now we're interested in producing the ePub version for Tablets and eBook readers,but there are some problems in the epub format.
On a Barnes and Noble Nook, the generated epubs have Images not resized and overflowing and list icons are replaced with the "?" character.
So we tried to convert it with Calibre (in ePub format), but, if the images were adapted, now the lists seem to move to the left, partly hidden or not visualized at all.
Should it be caused by the html used to generate lists that is not the standard tag <ul> and <li> but paragraphs and spans?
Can these problems be solved with the current version?
We need to keep only one source file for all our products: printed book, html eBook and ePub.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: problem with ePub

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Giampaolo,

The ePub generated by Help & Manual 5 was still quite basic. This has been significantly improved in Help & Manual 6. You can download the free trial version for testing here:

http://www.ec-software.com/downloads.html

You can install this on the same computer as the HM5 version. The two programs won't interfere with each other and can even be run at the same time.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Giampaolo

Unread post by Giampaolo »

We just use the Help & Manual version 6.0.2 Build 2352.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Giampaolo,

Sorry, I assumed you were using HM5 because you posted your question in the HM5 section of the forum and didn't mention a version. Please mail me a small demo project including some of the affected images to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. Please include a brief description of the problem in the mail, not just a reference to the forum topic. Thanks! :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.