Some TOC Topics not showing in Index, can't add keywords

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tina Hutchinson

Some TOC Topics not showing in Index, can't add keywords

Unread post by Tina Hutchinson »

I recently created a new project file, and copied mulitple topics from another project into the TOC of the new file. Then I also added some new topics directly.

I tried to add some keywords, and discovered that the only topics showing in the index (which I accessed by clicking the Index Tool) are the ones I'd copied from the other project. None of the topics I created directly in the file show in the index. Yet I can see all topics in the Table of Contents, and I can edit all topics in page editor. What happened? Why is the index not showing ALL of the topics? I have reloaded the index several times, and still no luck.

Also, using "Ctrl K" shortcut keys did not work.

I am using Help & Manual 5.5 Professional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Some TOC Topics not showing in Index, can't add keywords

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tina,
I am using Help & Manual 5.5 Professional.
This is out of date. Please download the current installer for 5.6 here. Note that the link for the HM5 download is down at the bottom of the page ("Old version"). The link at the top is for HM6.

The topics not showing up in the keyword index probably don't have any keywords. You can check this in the Topic Options tab below the main editor window. Only topics which have keywords will be included in the index, keywords aren't added automatically.
Also, using "Ctrl K" shortcut keys did not work.
It may not seem to do anything, but if you check the keywords in the Topic Options tab after using it you will find that the keyword has been added. Note that you must select the text you want to add as a keyword, just clicking in it first won't work.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tina Hutchinson

Re: Some TOC Topics not showing in Index, can't add keywords

Unread post by Tina Hutchinson »

I can add keywords now, thanks!