Zoom by ctrl+mouse wheel

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bjoern Thiele

Zoom by ctrl+mouse wheel

Unread post by Bjoern Thiele »

I'm pretty certain, this used to work in older versions:
In addition to the zoom control on the bottom of the window, it'd be nice to be able to change how large text is displayed in the editor by pressing ctrl+using the mouse wheel (or by using an extra thumb wheel assigned to that function).
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Zoom by ctrl+mouse wheel

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Björn,

This is actually supported, but with a slight difference. To zoom with CTRL + Mouse Wheel, hold the mouse pointer over the zoom control in the status bar. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

That's a useful trick. But I found that it is first necessary to click in the topic to ensure that this control has focus.
Bjoern Thiele

OK, new wish :D : Please make the function usable (again?) while i am typing anywhere in the editor. If I have to move the cursor to the slider first, it's a bit like having the remote control glued to the TV.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Björn,

Already identified and fixed. We've also added SHIFT + wheel for left/right scrolling, and pinch to zoom and two-finger four-directional scroll for supported trackpads. If you want it right away you can try the pre-release version of 9.4.1:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v941.exe
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Bjoern Thiele

Wow, that was quick! Thanks!