WebHelp problem in Russian in new release

This section is for announcements, information and discussions relating to the help community -- for example news about events and seminars of interest, developments in help technology and so on.

Moderator: Tim Green

lutik_sun

WebHelp problem in Russian in new release

Unread post by lutik_sun »

Hi,

does anyone publich webhelp in Russian? I had no problems in June, but now I can compile neither a new project, nor the same project I could before. TOC shows 404 Page not found :(
I don't think I changed anything after that except for H&M version (I'm not sure which version I used in June - v.5 or v.6, but for sure the latest time I've upgraded H&M was yesterday).

Help please :cry: I was to release it yesterday.
Hendrik

Re: WebHelp problem in Russian in new release

Unread post by Hendrik »

lutik_sun wrote:Hi,

does anyone publich webhelp in Russian? I had no problems in June, but now I can compile neither a new project, nor the same project I could before. TOC shows 404 Page not found :(
I don't think I changed anything after that except for H&M version (I'm not sure which version I used in June - v.5 or v.6, but for sure the latest time I've upgraded H&M was yesterday).

Help please :cry: I was to release it yesterday.
Hi
I don't know if someone will respons now. It's boxing dag and most people are on holiday now. ;-)
If you want me to, I could try to publish your helpfile to chm of html.
Please, send me your project as a RAR or ZIP archive and I see what I can do.
E-mail address: infoATwinrar.be (AT = @)
If it is a big project, please make use of wetransfer.com or something alike.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Answering from my phone while traveling: This problem is generally caused by using non-English characters in your project name. The files for the TOC, index and search are named using the project name. Accented, non English and other special characters in the file names will make them fail in HTML.

This while be changed in the next version of HM, but at the moment you still have to be careful with your project names.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
lutik_sun

Unread post by lutik_sun »

Thank you!
Yes, this helped - project name and path to the project have to be in English. Thank you!