learn how to get the most out of this fantastic tool

This section is for announcements, information and discussions relating to the help community -- for example news about events and seminars of interest, developments in help technology and so on.

Moderator: Tim Green

CLse

learn how to get the most out of this fantastic tool

Unread post by CLse »

Hi all ,

I anyone aware of H&M courses to learn how to get the most out of this fantastic tool?

Regards

Clse
John Waller

Re: learn how to get the most out of this fantastic tool

Unread post by John Waller »

CLse wrote:I anyone aware of H&M courses to learn how to get the most out of this fantastic tool?
The best resources I'm aware of for learning H&M are:
- the inbuilt Help (easy to read, thorough and practical)
- this online forum which is active on a daily basis
- the 'extras' folders, Templates etc, that come with the software
- writing your own projects in H&M
Regards

John Waller
v.6.2.2 Build 2636
CLse

Unread post by CLse »

Thanks for the tip,

Its a shame, that their is no training center.. some think like a boot camp,and an advanced class.

I hope I gain a good level of understanding about H&M, at that point I will contact the founders to set training centers up.

Wish me luck!

Regards

CLse
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi CLse,
Not too long ago, there was an announcement on this forum asking for experienced users to sign up to be H&M consultants. I think the plan was that H7M would help new users hook up with knowledgeable power users, who would offer consulting services independently of H&M. I don't know how far that got, but perhaps there is someone out there who can offer you a private class or two at some reasonable fee. Tim? Any word on the consultants program?

A training center would be nice. A trip to Austria during ski season? It's definitely something to consider! But how to convince the boss to pay for it...? :roll:

Good luck,
Dean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dean,

There is a fair list of consultants already, their primary focus is on corporate customers. A page will be added to the EC website soon but there is a lot of HM5 work going on as well. (BTW, wouldn't H&M consultant be right up your street Dean? 8) )
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi Tim,
The problem is that H&M has so many powerful features that I don't use! My needs are pretty simple compared to the sort of work that really needs consultation. Probably better that I just check the forum regularly and answer the questions that I can. On the other hand, when EC Software offers the "What Every Consultant Needs to Know" class at the all-new-and-expanded Austrian training center, I could fly over and write it off as a business expense...hmmmm... :twisted:

But thanks for the compliment,
Dean