Topics placeholder not found in template

This is the place to share H&M templates and utilities with other users. Topic templates can be posted as text attachments (*.txt) or in the posting itself between

Code: Select all

and 
tags. Print manual templates (*.mnl) are digital and can only be posted as attachments. Utilities and multiple files can be posted in ZIP archives. Please include plenty of comments so that users understand what you're doing! Registration is required to access this forum.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jorge Rivero

Topics placeholder not found in template

Unread post by Jorge Rivero »

Hello!

I'm trying to build a word template based on a templated created in my organization, I had followed the instructions to create a word template but when I try to publish, the same error appears "Topics placeholder not found in template".

I really don't understand what is wrong. Even if a try to edit an existing template and paste the formats of the templates of my organization, I'm still having the same error

We are using H&M version 7.5.3 build 4740
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Topics placeholder not found in template

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jorge,

If you are also getting this error in the standard templates this means that you have accidentally deleted the placeholder when editing the template. If you publish with an unchanged template file you won't get the error.

The placeholder is a Word comment field containing the variable <%TOPIC_TEXT%>, like this:
WordPlaceholder.png
See this chapter in the help to learn how to create and edit Word templates:

Publishing > Configuring for Publishing > MS Word DOCX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.