Universal non-scrolling headers

This is the place to share H&M templates and utilities with other users. Topic templates can be posted as text attachments (*.txt) or in the posting itself between

Code: Select all

and 
tags. Print manual templates (*.mnl) are digital and can only be posted as attachments. Utilities and multiple files can be posted in ZIP archives. Please include plenty of comments so that users understand what you're doing! Registration is required to access this forum.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

vanwerkum

Unread post by vanwerkum »

Additional information:

Run locally it works fine. The problem only occurs when run from the network.

I have cleared the cache & deleted all files as suggested.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Van,
vanwerkum wrote:Run locally it works fine. The problem only occurs when run from the network.
Hmm, interesting. I tested this on my local network and was able to get the effect you describe once, very briefly, and only on opening the file. As soon as I resized the window or browsed to another topic it disappeared. It also disappears on the very first topic if I refresh the current window. What is happening is that the script that calculates and sets the size of the DIV containing the content and the scrollbar is being executed too early, before the entire content of the page has been parsed by the browser. I'm not sure exactly why -- possibly IE tries to be smart and parses all the main tags first and adds the content later, caching the content while it is getting it. (That is why this piece of script is located right at the bottom of the topic.)

On my small network here the following fix appeared to work, I'd be interested if it works on your network too. Locate this block of code:

<IF_TOPIC_HEADER><script type="text/javascript"> 
<!-- 
var lastSlashPos = document.URL.lastIndexOf("/") >
document.URL.lastIndexOf("\") ? document.URL.lastIndexOf("/") :
document.URL.lastIndexOf("\");
if( document.URL.substring( lastSlashPos + 1, lastSlashPos + 4
).toLowerCase() != "~hh" )
{
    nsrInit();
}
--> 
</script></IF_TOPIC_HEADER> 
And move it right down below the final </html> tag, so that it is the very last item in the template, like this:

<div id="idcontent"><div id="innerdiv"> 
<%TOPIC_TEXT%> 
</div></div> 
</body> 
</html>
<IF_TOPIC_HEADER><script type="text/javascript"> 
<!-- 
var lastSlashPos = document.URL.lastIndexOf("/") >
document.URL.lastIndexOf("\") ? document.URL.lastIndexOf("/") :
document.URL.lastIndexOf("\");
if( document.URL.substring( lastSlashPos + 1, lastSlashPos + 4
).toLowerCase() != "~hh" )
{
    nsrInit();
}
--> 
</script></IF_TOPIC_HEADER>
Please let me know if this helps!
:)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
vanwerkum

Made no difference.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Van,

This is very strange, particularly since I have no other reports of this from anywhere else, including people running it on local networks. Could you mail a small demo project to support AT ec-software.com, I'd like to have a look at it. Just pack the .HMX project file in a ZIP or RAR archive, without any graphics or other additional files.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Van,

An afterthought: Do you have a proxy server running on your network? That might have conceivably have something to do with it. :?
Regards,

Private support:
vanwerkum

I have sent a demo to "support" as requested. We do not have a proxy server running on our internal network.