Universal NS-Headers, Final Version - Printing Solved

This is the place to share H&M templates and utilities with other users. Topic templates can be posted as text attachments (*.txt) or in the posting itself between

Code: Select all

and 
tags. Print manual templates (*.mnl) are digital and can only be posted as attachments. Utilities and multiple files can be posted in ZIP archives. Please include plenty of comments so that users understand what you're doing! Registration is required to access this forum.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Matthias,

Thanks for the demo, the problem is really the image size. 600px is more than enough for help -- remember that many people will still be viewing on 800x600 pixel screens, particularly in offices.

If you also output to PDF remember that toggles can't "scale" for PDF like normal images in PDF. You always get exactly the size you define, relative to the page, and in PDF that is always the toggle in its expanded state.

With normal images you can scale them to the viewing size and the full-sized image is exported to PDF and scaled automatically to the defined size. This gives you much better print quality in PDF, but this system can't work with toggles.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Garth Thornton

Unread post by Garth Thornton »

This non-scrolling template was earlier stated to be for HM4 only. Is there a version (or other solution) for HM3 that solves the multi-topic printing problem in CHM files?
Regards,
Garth Thornton
http://xenodream.com
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Garth,
Garth Thornton wrote:This non-scrolling template was earlier stated to be for HM4 only. Is there a version (or other solution) for HM3 that solves the multi-topic printing problem in CHM files?
There is actually no reason why they shouldn't also work in Help & Manual 3. I've made the necessary changes and posted the H&M3 template version here:

http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtopic.php?t=5492

This will also work in Browser-based Help in H&M3. Enjoy! 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Garth Thornton

Unread post by Garth Thornton »

Thanks Tim! It works for me.
You may want to mention that it no longer requires nonscroll.js in the .HHP settings.
It's also slightly trickier to add extra style elements to, but no problems.
I prefer table borders with this added to the css:
table {border-color: white;} td {border-color: white;}
Regards,
Garth Thornton
http://xenodream.com
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Garth,
Garth Thornton wrote:You may want to mention that it no longer requires nonscroll.js in the .HHP settings.
Thanks for the reminder, I've added that to the instructions.
Regards,

Private support: