Are H&M image samples copyright?

This is the place to share H&M templates and utilities with other users. Topic templates can be posted as text attachments (*.txt) or in the posting itself between

Code: Select all

and 
tags. Print manual templates (*.mnl) are digital and can only be posted as attachments. Utilities and multiple files can be posted in ZIP archives. Please include plenty of comments so that users understand what you're doing! Registration is required to access this forum.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Fred Allin

Are H&M image samples copyright?

Unread post by Fred Allin »

Hi,

Not sure this is the best place for this post, but couldn't find anywhere better.

My question is: can I use in my own manuals the images embedded in the helpman.hmx project that are provided with H&M as a sample? Or are they copyright?
I'd like to use the Next and Previous buttons (btn_next_d.gif, btn_prev_d.gif, ...).

Fred
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Fred,

You are very welcome to use all the help components except the actual content in your own projects, including commercial projects, without any restrictions. In fact, you can find a template project version of the H&M help in the /Templates/hmx folder in your Help & Manual program directory for use in your own projects. You can also find a collection of tutorial projects in the /Samples folder in /My Documents/My HelpAndManual Projects.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Fred Allin

Unread post by Fred Allin »

Thanks Tim.
Yes it's what I like about H&M, it comes with samples of complete actual projects which is very handy when you start from scratch.

Fred